Conditions of use
- This page is about the legal issues that may occur between users and Kumon Institute of Education Co., Ltd. (hereafter the “Kumon Institute of Education”). Please carefully read the following conditions of use before using this website (this “Website”).
- By using this Website, it shall be deemed that you have agreed with these conditions. If you do not agree with the conditions of use, please do not use this Website.
Use of trademarks
- The trademarks, service marks and logos (the “Trademarks”) used and displayed on this Website are registered or unregistered trademarks that belong to the Kumon Institute of Education and others.
- Without the prior written permission of the trademark holder, from any materials and others on this Website, you cannot so interpret that the license or the right to use the Trademarks displayed on this Website is permitted by implication, estoppel, or other legal theories.
- The Kumon Institute of Education will actively exercise its own intellectual property rights to the maximum extent permitted in law.
- If you wish to set up a link to this Website, please read and observe the following guidelines and conditions of use, and then e-mail us at the Kumon Institute of Education in advance specifying the URL of the website from which you will link to this Website. However, please be advised that we may decline your request for a link.
- In addition, for the benefit of users, this Website has set up some links to other websites. The Kumon Institute of Education, however, shall not be liable for any information posted on websites linked to from this Website. When you wish to access websites linked from this Website, please do so completely under your own responsibility.
Remarks (guidelines) on setting up a link to this Website
- You may set up a link to any content on this Website, but you shall not copy content.
- You are not allowed to specify or imply that the Kumon Institute of Education recommends the website on which the link to this Website is set up or its services and products.
- You are not allowed to post misinformation regarding the services or products that the Kumon Institute of Education offers.
- Without the permission of the Kumon Institute of Education, you are not allowed to use the Trademarks.
- It is strictly prohibited to set up a link from websites that include content defaming or damaging the credit of services or products provided by the Kumon Institute of Education or affiliate companies.
- It is strictly prohibited to set up a link from websites that post illegal content (including those that may be illegal), or are involved or may be involved in illegal activities (including those that may be illegal).
- It is strictly prohibited to provide any frame link or other link in a manner which makes it ambiguous that the linked content belongs to this Website.
Materials of this Website
- The materials provided on this Website are protected under law (including the Copyright Act of Japan and international treaties, but not be limited to these).
- This Website is managed and operated by the Kumon Institute of Education from its base in Japan. The Kumon Institute of Education does not declare that the materials on this Website are appropriate or possible to be used in regions other than Japan.
- In addition, it is prohibited to access this Website from regions in which the content of these materials provided on this Website is considered illegal. Those who wish to access this Website from other regions shall do so under their own responsibility, while they are also liable to observe the laws of that region.
- The rights and the use of this Website, as well as the materials included in this Website, are under the law of Japan.
- The copyright of materials provided on this Website belongs to the Kumon Institute of Education and its affiliate companies or the first person who prepared the material.
- Unless otherwise defined in this article, without the prior written permission of the Kumon Institute of Education or the copyright holder, you shall not copy, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transfer any materials in any format or by any means.
- You may display, copy, distribute and download the materials of this Website only if it is for private use and not commercial, under the conditions that the materials are not altered, and that all indications regarding the copyright and other property rights described on the materials are maintained.
- The permission above will be automatically terminated in the event this article or conditions are violated. In the event this permission is terminated, you must immediately delete all the materials obtained from this Website, as well as any copies.
- In addition, without the permission of the Kumon Institute of Education, you shall not mirror the materials of this Website on a different server.
- In the event that the materials of this Website are used without permission, this may violate copyright law, trademark law, laws that relate to privacy and publicity, and regulations and laws that relate to communication.
Disclaimer of warranties
- The materials on this Website shall be provided in the “status quo,” and expressly or impliedly, no warranty shall be made.
- Within the extent accepted by the applicable laws, expressly or impliedly, the Kumon Institute of Education does not bear any warranty including implied warranties of the merchantability, the appropriateness for specified purposes, and that there is no infringement and violation of any rights.
- The Kumon Institute of Education does not make any warranty or representation regarding the usage, effectiveness, accuracy and authenticity of the materials on this Website or websites linked to from this Website, or regarding the results of the usage and other matters.
- The Kumon Institute of Education shall not be liable for any direct damage, indirect damage, special damage, contingent damage, or consequential damage including the loss of data or lost earnings arising out of the use or inability to use the materials of this Website (but not necessarily limited to this), in any case including in the event of negligence (but not necessarily limited to this).
- The Kumon Institute of Education does not make any warranty that this Website is error free, defects shall be corrected or that the contained functions shall never be interrupted, and that there is no virus or other detriment on this Website or on the server.
- If maintenance, repair or modification of equipment or data becomes necessary after the use of materials on this Website by a user, the user must bear all costs. Depending on the applicable law, as this may not accept the exceptions or limitations for contingent damage or consequential damage, the limitations or exceptions above may not be applied.
Revision of conditions of use
- The Kumon Institute of Education may revise the conditions of use at any time by updating the content of this posting.
- By using this Website, the users are deemed to have agreed to be bound by any revision; thus, please view this page on a regular basis to check the latest conditions of use that bind the users.
This Website can be used comfortably under the following viewing environment.
OS and Browser
Windows 7, XP, Vista
- Internet Explorer 8.0, or higher
- Firefox 10, or higher
Mac OS X
- Safari 5.1, or higher
To view some pages of this Website, the following plug-in is required.
If this plug-in is not installed on your PC, please download it from the website of the company and then install it.
This Website uses a style sheet.
If style sheet is disabled in the web browser, it may not display as intended. Please enable the style sheet in the settings of your browser to view this Website.
In this Website, your private information is protected by the technology of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
By using the browser responding to a security function, entries of your name, address, telephone number or other private information are automatically encrypted and then transmitted or received. Even if the transmitted data is intercepted by a third party, the content will never be stolen.